As time goes by, people really can’t deny the uses of Coconut Tree and was finally know as the “Tree of Life” due to the wide variety of products which can be derived from its various parts such as the use of Coconut Tree products for building houses, decors, and even medicine that can be produce from its roots or Coconut Water.
Uses of Coconut Tree from its parts
- Coconut Roots can be use for beverage, dye stuff, and medicine purposes.
- Coconut Trunk uses for buildings parts. Out of the Coconut Trunk, handy and durable wood is obtained to make various pieces of furniture and novelty items. Paper pulp can also be extracted from the trunk.
- Coconut Shell, a part of Coconut Fruit produce items such as handicrafts items, charcoal for cooking, and many more.
- Coconut Husk also a part of Coconut Fruit is also used to obtain Coir. An elastic fiber used for rope,matting, and coarse cloth.
- Coconut Leaves for thatch and Puso.
- Coconut Leaves produce good quality of paper pulp, midrib brooms, hats and mats, fruit trays, fans, midribdecors, lamp shades, bag, and utility roof materials. In a provincial City of Cebu,Coconut Leaves are used to wrap white rice called Puso.
- Coconut Spathe and Guinit can produce helmets, caps, "bakya" straps, and handbags.
- Coconut Inflorescence is also used to produce Coconut Juice, Coconut Toddy or Tuba. The fermented juice is the common alcoholic drink in the coconut region. Other products out of the Coconut Tree's inflorescence are gin and vinegar.
Uses of Coconut Fruit
An important part of the Coconut Tree is the Coconut Fruit which is considered as a functional food. Coconut Fruit deserves its own page due to the broad uses it serves us but below are a summary of its benefits.
- Coconut Meat is a good source of protein and an effective natural laxative. It is also a source of other products such as coco flour, desiccated coconut, coco milk, coco chips,candies, copra, and animal feeds. Also used as a main ingredient for salad and other sweet delicacies.
- Coconut Water - are used mostly for re-hydration and kidney cleansing. Read more about Coconut Water Benefits. Researchers are even still doing on going study on different products that can be produce on Coconut Water to aid us.
- Nowadays, Coconut Oil is more popularly used for its benefits for the skin, hair, and face. It’s extracted from copra and notable for its anti microbial properties.